Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day = Everyday

"Hey,heyy, Valentine is coming.Have you bought chocolates?"
"Umm I made them"
"Seriouslyyy? At this era? Oh gosh,he better gives you Prada or Gucci for White Day"
"Mine usually brings me to a romantic dinner"
And the topic keeps going...

I hate Valentine's Day,hearing about it sickens me. Don't get me wrong , it is nice to celebrate love and all but I'm sick of these high pitch voiced girls bragging to each other. Love is only between two...

I bet most of them just buy discount but pretty chocolates anyway. They will go on this so-called Valentine's Day date by making their boyfriends poor. I mean , we all know five star hotels' Romantic Dinner stuff costs bucks. And you want Prada for White Day in exchange for chocolates?Geez ,bad business.

They will dress up prettily ,use layers of colours and take thousand couple-fies. I guess some will post them after choosing among the filters with deep captions like
"I love you so much tonight  (only tonight eh?)  ,you are the moon of my night sky and sun of my daylight .Happy Valentine's Day ,babeee
We will be together for all eternity #Valentine #love #ily #date #likeforlike"and break up a month later.
Now ,if they are really that in love with each other then I won't judge.

But isn't it sickening when lovers suddenly act so romantic on these occasions but shout at each other daily or cheat with another or not talk much? It's like they date to be captured on screen . As if life is a movie set.
What use is celebrating love once in a year if you don't show it the other 364 days?

Now I know what you're thinking : Haha this bitch must be just jealous 'cause she's single. Nah.I am a guy , taken.
If you're one of those people who sulks when your lover doesn't have time to celebrate Valentine but forgets how he picks you up everyday or how she is there for you when you're sad , achoo to you.
ACHOO

"...th....KEITH! Hellooo ,earth to Keith!",a brown short haired girl is in front of me ,pouting. "What are you thinking about? Your burger will get cold soon"
"...Cold burger still tastes good"
"But soggy!",she laughs as she slurps her smoothies.
"...so tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Why aren't you with your girl friends making chocolates for me?"
She laughs hard,"Sorry but I know you way too well .You hate chocolates because when you were a child..."
"Okay,stop. That story is embarrassing ",I shove some fries to her mouth to silence the girl.
Her name is Amy , and I don't have any words to describe her other than the one I love. We've had our ups and downs but we are still here for each other nevertheless.

She knows me more than myself ,that much is true. And I can read her like an open book , Amy is an obvious type of girl after all. This may sound so damn cheesy but ,I feel like we are meant to be together. ....Now I feel gross ,I just said some super lame pick up line material .

"I brought you some medicine ,Keith"
"What for?"
"Two weeks ago you told me you have headaches lately"
"That was two weeks ago,silly",I laughed hard as she angrily throws the medicine to me. This is what I like from her , she cares about every single tiny details and remembers.

After we have finished our dinner , I drive her home and kiss her good night. "See you tomorrow" "Bring me to the usual pasta joint tomorrow!" "Oh,won't you prefer a grand dinner at a five star hotel?" "Save that money for our grand wedding three years from now",she laughs and finally closes the car door. Our grand wedding ,huh?

I smile and drive away...

***

So it's Valentine's Day...more like Night. Even our usual pasta joint is filled with couples ,I can hear the girls' voice sounding more high-pitched than usual and sound like babies talking. Ladies , I don't comprehend why you think made-up baby voice is cute. Probably because I'm a man but that means your boyfriend don't get it too.

"Sorry for being late!"
I look up to see Amy. Today she's a bit different ,her red sleeveless dress looks so good and her knee-length skirt is just perfect...Her bangs are swept sideways and some put together with a simple hair pin. She's adorable.

"I ordered your usual favorite,Amy"
"Oh good ,I plan to order that today too anyway"
We laugh simultaneously,
"Umm...Keith? Happy Valentine's Day. I know you don't really celebrate these stuffs but here..."
She hands me a box
"O-open it"
I smile ,what is in this box? Chocolates? Wallet? Wrist watch? I open it and...

...

"A notebook?"
I flip the pages ,slowly a smile was drawn on my lips. It's the notebook of a subject I was absent a few times last week because of work.

There's another thing below....
".....Alarm clock?"
"Because you never wake up early and you always come late to classes"
"...I have alarm in my phone"
"But you never wake up anyway. This one is custom-made to ring loudly and cant stop until its sensor detects someone standing up"
"Wow."
See? She cares about every tiny problems
I chuckle and pinch her cheeks,"Thanks ,MOM"
"I'm not your mom!!! I'm just worried because this term's lecturers are brutal and yet you always come late. Speaking about mom ,I cooked tasty breakfast for my family as Valentine's Day gift"
"I sent some of your pictures so that mom knows the face of her daughter-in-law candidate...",I shrug as she smacks me
"....Anyway ,Amy. Thank you"

It's not actually The Valentine's Day concept I hate ,it is good to celebrate love once in awhile. I just hate how everyone uses this day as an excuse for a lot of things plus gifts and not Love itself. Some people have even forgotten what Valentine is truly about. But you know what? If Valentine's Day really is a day to show your love... To me ,everyday is Valentine's Day. Everyday is special in its own way.

I gaze out of a window and see a jewellery store ,the poster says "COUPLE ENGAGEMENT RINGS ON PROMO"
Okay, I think I  know what to give for White Day.


Be it Sunday , Monday , any day... I will still love you to the fullest.
Let's grow old together and live our life to the fullest.
 Cheers ,in the name of love



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY , EVERYONE
Let us spread the love.
Even if you are single , let's share the love with our precious loved ones such as family , friends ,etc so let's just enjoy it.
But remember to love your loved ones everyday and not just on Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment