Monday, August 3, 2015

Lila's Midnight Birthday Surprise

Today has been the worst day of my life, seriously.
I don't know , I just don't know what went wrong-- no,nothing went right at all.
Since morning, my day has been nothing but a HUGE mess with my assignments piling up, fatigue, bad health,financial problems and now my family is having real war.
Even my sister nearly went mad.
War of conflicts... Meh

I hate it, I hate today!
All I wanted was a peaceful life. Is it so wrong?

Hmm?
Someone texted me... Who on earth?
Happy Birthday, Dear Lila!
Happy my ass ,I've been happier any random days.
I know I'm ranting so selfishly-everyone has their own problems. I KNOW
This is so childish but at least today,once a year, I want to feel special.
Or at least happy.
My eyes are so red and swollen now, I am a total mess.So ugly
I've cried all my tears,I just...

...

I guess I have calmed down.
College test is coming in an hour... I haven't even reviewed.
I don't feel like it either.
I guess I will just pray none of my friends notice or they pretend not to.
I don't need any presents, I just want my family to be well-off.

***
The test was not hard ,thankfully-though I did find problems in answering the last question. My classmate was kind enough to make me surprise and celebrate my birthday. We laughed and shared the huge chocolate cake. I am so thankful of them,I repeat again and again as I stare at the pictures we took just now. Oh well,time to go to my club class!

***
My clubmates are also celebrating my birthday. I'm so touched... I never expected they'd find out and provide such surprise. It'd be a lie if I said I didn't almost cry. Thank you,everyone-again and again and again. I feel so loved,so loved! I laugh too much today. I'm so happy.

***
I'm now at home, eyes swollen again. Earlier, there was a phone call from my dad telling me mom isn't feeling well and almost fainted. I rushed home,bawling like a fool.
It hurts so much.
I was so worried, so worried
I was scared I'd lose my mom
I love you mom, God don't take her away
Help her... Help us...

She's okay now,resting. She's asleep and her breathing is back to normal. I sigh,still weeping. Why do all these things happen on the day I was born? Am I cursed? Am I a devil spawn?

A message came in my phone
From a friend of mine

"Wanna grab dinner together?". It's 21:00 but I guess it is okay.. I just don't want to be alone tonight. It is very reckless of me to even go out with a friend this late, but I'm sure it will be okay. He is my close but not close friend from abroad,I call him K most of the time. He's coincidentally in town. He parked near my house and I hopped onto his car.

We decided to grab quick bite in the nearest fast food chain restaurant.I don't know if he notices my swollen eyes or not (well impossible not to notice) but he keeps joking around, throwing me with lame pickup lines and before I knew it, I was laughing so lightly as if there's no problem. We keep discussing about random stuff,from normal to crazy ones and laugh.

At this point ,I suspect both our parents at home are already about to kill us but

Well

Let me have my moments at least for the remaining hours for today,alright?
I laugh as I munch my nuggets.

I know this friend of mine loves to compliment others and joke around with his abundant stock of pickup lines and I too,joke the same way. It just feels good to talk without real burdens. I know he doesn't mean all he said and they were all jokes but still it made me happy to laugh a lot after rounds of tears. My only concern is that I look real ugly,heehee.

I have no idea why he is kind enough to do this, I know he is a very busy person.Sometimes he doesn't even return messages because he's just too busy. I will consider this a little gift from God to make me laugh at least for hours.

He's one funny guy who told me my nugget set (upsized!) is too little and he's afraid I will get thin just after hours with him. (I'd thank him if that really happened).He jokingly called me chubby and stuff and I just laughed. That friend of mine gave me books wrapped in calender paper (very creative)

It's almost midnight when I reached home. I felt...lighter. I know after this we will both be very busy again and will forget to contact each other again. I'm gonna be once again be stressed with huge wave of assignments and tests but...
Thanks for the memorable night, pal!

Sometimes, even in our darkest nights, God will give us little surprises. If we look careful enough,we might find reasons to smile again.
Be strong and believe in happiness.

My best friend texted me, "Lilaaaaaaa!!! How was your day?"
"Best, Mary. Best"

Thank you very much for making my day special!!! Tears aside,this is the best birthday in my life.

The next days, I got more belated surprises that warm my heart greatly but I will never fail to laugh when I remember choking my Cola over a lame pickup line. God, thanks for Your unique choice of gift to this little daughter of yours.

May there be a shining light behind every clouds you see
May there be a rainbow after rain
May smile always be painted on our faces


With love,
Your friend

1 comment:

  1. May the real high-value lady in you be dicovered asap, by YOU beforehand.. my love and prayers are with u always..

    ReplyDelete